Pyhän Marian kirkko in Sastamala. The church was built in the 14th century adjacent to a 12th century chapel. Construction took decades with stone blocks transported during summers by boat from Pirunvuori ("Devil's hill") across the lake Rautajärvi. East side of the church and the cemetery The foundation of the 13th century chapel on the west side of the church. Northeast side of the church Inside the church looking towards the altar. The church has no floor and is simply exposed soil. This has interesting implications for acoustics.
Looking towards the entrance from the side of the altar. Regular services have not been held in the church since 1913, and it is now used only occasionally during summer time for special events. The altar painting was donated to the church in 1749. Pulpit from the 17th century Wooden figures of various saints A 15th century baptismal font
Matteus and Maria Aaron, Matteus and Maria Ilkka practicing his guitar parts